As a veteran, Max understands that while America can’t solve all the world’s problems, none of those problems can be solved without America.
In the last year and a half, trusted allies have been insulted and the world has come to doubt that America’s word is its bond. It’s no surprise that our adversaries feel empowered as a result. Max will fight to protect and promote the legacy of global leadership our parents and grandparents worked so hard to build. That means adhering to these 10 principles:
- Respecting and working with our NATO allies
- Re-joining the Paris Climate Agreement and combating the effects of climate change
- Safeguarding human rights
- Empowering women and girls around the world
- Championing a free press
- Promoting efforts to counteract income inequality
- Leading the way in a competitive global marketplace
- Supporting Israel, and being firmly committed to a two-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict through US support of direct, bilateral negotiations aimed at resolving conflict and regional discord
- Recognizing Russia as a hostile foreign power and holding the Kremlin accountable for its attempts to undermine the sovereignty and democratic values of other nations
- Providing the State Department the resources it needs to engage with the world on all fronts, through diplomacy, humanitarian aid, and economic development.
One of Max’s proudest moments was attending the citizenship ceremony of one of the soldiers who served under his command in Afghanistan. There is something uniquely special about an America which encourages people from around the world to put on our uniform in the hopes of one day calling themselves an American citizen. That’s something we need to protect.