As both an Army Combat veteran and a Jewish member of Congress, Max understands the seriousness of protecting his constituents from vile acts of terrorism, hate, and prejudice. During his term, Max has secured millions in funding to protect New York City against terrorism and racist violence. Our world is changing, and so are the ways in which extremist groups inflict acts of extremism and terrorism. And in one of the most diverse cities in the world, no one should live in fear of racist or anti-semitic violence that have become a nearly daily occurrence.
- Got a $90 million increase in counterterrorism funding that New York City relies upon.
- Secured a $30 million increase in Nonprofit Grant Security Program funding to help protect religious institutions.
- Is leading the charge to recognize, label, and treat transnational white nationalist groups as foreign terrorist organizations.
- Had the House Committee on Homeland Security unanimously approve his bill, the Transnational White Supremacist Extremism Review Act, which will ensure our law enforcement is able to properly assess security threats and keep us safe.
- Chaired two major hearings at the House Committee on Homeland Security on the wave of anti-Semitic violence in our communities after a series of disgusting assaults on Orthodox Jews in NY and NJ.
- Introduced the Raising the Bar Act, which works to reduce the amount of terrorist content circulating across social media platforms.