Protecting Our Rights
From an Attorney General who vehemently opposes criminal justice reform to executive orders that target our nation’s most vulnerable, the Trump Administration is rolling back decades of progress on civil rights and voting rights. We must:
- Foster truly meaningful criminal justice reform by working with affected communities, the judicial system and law enforcement to mend the divides between the criminal justice system and communities of color
- Protect and advance our rights to privacy and individual choice, which allow women to make their own healthcare decisions
- Pass comprehensive immigration reform, protect DACA recipients, and help hard-working families share in the American dream
- Remove mandatory sentences for non-violent offenses, so Judges can fairly and appropriately administer the law
- Ensure no soldier is disqualified from serving because of their gender identity. When Max was in harm’s way, it never mattered whether the soldier to his left or right was transgender. What mattered was that they had his back.
- Safeguard the right of every eligible American to have their voice heard in our elections
- Provide resources for DA’s offices across the country to investigate and prosecute animal abuse cases, which studies have shown are indicators of a propensity for violence.
Our Government is here to keep us safe and protect our rights. It’s time D.C. started acting like it.